Peter Dearmey married Mary Ben (or Benn) and had at least these children:
- Peter shows up in the 1860 census for Lawrence County, Ohio, in Upper Township (sheet 177).
In this census, Peter's last name is spelled "Dearney", he was 42, with Mary (36), James (20), Alfred (18), Josiah (16),
William (12) and Mary (7), all born in PA. Peter's occupation is recorded as a Day Laborer.
- Peter served in the Civil War, in the First West Virginia Light Artillery, Company B.
According to Peter's service record,
he was captured by the Confederates at Murfreesboro on 12/31/1861 and paroled on 1/20/1862.
- In an affidavit in the pension file of Peter's son Joseph dated 3/2/1908, Joseph says his parents
"died in Brazil Indiana about twenty years ago".
- According to an affidavit in the pension file for Peter's son Alfred, a Maria McCollough swore
"That as a girl and as a young woman she was closely associated and intimately acquainted with Alfred DeArmey,
his father and mother, brothers and sister while living at Hanging Rock, Ohio, and also in Clay County, Indiana"
- There is a family tree at genealogy.com for the descendants of a William Dearmy. According to this tree, William Dearmy
and Elizabeth Bowers had many children, one of which was a Peter Dearmy. This may be the same Peter, but haven't
yet been able to verify it.